Sunday, December 01, 2002

[EN: Beyond XP: Longhorn]



*The next version of the world's most popular desktop operating system, code-named "Longhorn," is due out in test form next year and in final form in 2004. It will have a new look and feel, very different from Windows XP's. Its guts will also be radically different from Windows XP's, because they're based on XML -- extensible markup language, the emerging lingua franca of the Internet. And it will be the first version that won't function fully without new hardware.*



[k] I'm not only a Mac user but also a Windows user. I separate my tasks what is the best platform to do things, like Macintosh for creative tasks and Windows for corporate communication and Internet etc. After the recent fever about TabletPC, I finally get intereted in Windows OS, from the stand point of improving gereral user's computing experience. This is an interesting article about the next generation of Windows XP, code named Longhorn.

I found a lot of UI customization tools on Windows XP, such as like Style XP and Tweak XP. These are alternative creative force from Windows users who wants to create the edge as possible as they can. Well, I should say their creative force has much more energy than I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home