Saturday, November 20, 2004

Farewell to Jeep Cherokee

My car start breaking down... means that the car is producing a lot of smoke with wierd noise, which is obviously not a good thing for the planet as well as surrounding drivers and my own safety...., so I took the car to a dealership and asked fixing problems. Well...., technician said it would cost more than a couple of thousands ($)... I know the dealer for last 4 years and I know they have been honest, so I asked him more details of the problems.

After I heard about those problems (too many to list), I agreed that the cost of fixing the car is not worth it. The technician told me that I was lucky not having an accident for last few weeks. So, it was like a doctor's final words to my car: the car is about to finish her life, ready to go heaven, maybe with some happy reincarnations.

I bought a Jeep Cherokee when I came to United States. Before that, I never had a car, I didn't even had a driver's license because I didn't had a real need of owning a car. I was more dependent on public transportations like train, metro, taxi, bus, or even bicycle.

I remember that it was my first culture shock in United States when I realized the needs of a car just for the sake of living, like grossary shopping, meeting friends, commune from home to work..., a car is not only a private transportation system but also we rely so much on it. It's no longer just an extension of a horse or cow: a car is the need for living.

Anyway, after I left the dealership, I was obviously sad. I was sad to understand the fact I'm driving a car to home with the smoke. The reality start telling me that I need to buy a new car sometime in very near future, maybe tomorrow if I could afford it. I have been thinking to buy a new car for a long time, although, I am not ready from financial stand points and need a little more time to prepare. Still, one mantra keep playing in my head: "My car won't last that long... what can I do with it?"

I start thinking about a new car, considerng the weather condition of Colorado, safety, reliability, comfortness, outdoor activity, driving experience, consumer reports, reviews about competitive cars, markets value, warranty, insurance, monthly payments..., the list continues.

4 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Quit Smoking said...

I am looking for ideas to start my own blog about ebooks and you have give me a few ideas. Thank you. Good blog. I will check it each week.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are looking to change the look of your emails from plain white with black text to a colorful, eye-catching, attention grabbing email, OnLetterhead is the product for you. Go from "White" to "Wow" with one click!

With "OnLetterhead's "Ease of Send & Setup" (EOSS) technology, all the work is done before you type your message! Just click and send and see the results a branded difference can make.

**Marketing Strategies for the Future**

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous debt consolidation said...

Do you need free debt consolidation? Well, look no further. I help you for free my friend. I have tried and tested all sites But, the best was debt-consolidation.com. So, let me help you. Fill in the form today for free. And be debt free. Get credit repair today!

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous debt consolidation said...

Do you need free debt consolidation? Well, look no further. I help you for free my friend. I have tried and tested all sites But, the best was debt-consolidation.com. So, let me help you. Fill in the form today for free. And be debt free. Get credit repair today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home